Usually I enjoy a nice hot soup in the winter after a long day. But this soup is great all year round! I love crock pot meals because they do most of the work for you. I usually prep this meal the night before and place it in the fridge over night. That way I can pull it out the next morning, plug in the crock pot, and leave it be for 8-10 hours. Easy peasy.
I recommend toasting artisan bread slices with some dried basil and thyme and dipping them in the soup. I add this soup in our meal rotation every month at least! Enjoy!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 head of cauliflower, remove stems and chop in pieces
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 container (about 4 cups) of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 cups almond milk (there is an almond milk for soup in the soup isle in most grocery stores)
- Toppings (optional but EXTREMELY recommended):
- basil pesto
- fried onions
- green peas
- In a crockpot place the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, sweet onion, green onions, and garlic cloves. Add the paprika, dried thyme, salt, and vegetable broth. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Once everything is cooked place the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Place the puree in a soup pot and add the almond milk soup base. Stir until blended well.
- Add the toppings of your choice. I highly recommend adding all the toppings in the list. Two thumbs up!
*Nutrition label includes ingredients for toppings