Y’all ready for one of the easiest dishes you’ll ever make? 🙂
As summer approaches ( really it’s just the start of spring, but it’s hot as hell anyway, so it might as well be summer), one of my favorite dishes to make is my Summer Corn Salad! I love it because it can be a main dish, side dish, or appetizer.
It’s super easy to make! Lately I’ve been prepping it on Sunday evenings as part of my lunch or snack for the week at work. I live for super easy meals that take hardly any time. I mean, two kids will keep you busy! I love this dish because it’s a great way to make sure you get your daily fiber and nutrients.
I recommend enjoying it with crackers, tortilla chips, on top of salads, or as is!
I won’t ramble for too long. I’ve got one kid desperate for a nap and one who isn’t interested at all. 😉
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 8-10 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- cilantro and green onions to taste (also optional, but highly recommended!)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to instructions. About 20 minutes. Drain and pour in a container.
- Rinse the black beans and corn in a strainer.
- Mix black beans, corn, and grape tomatoes in with the quinoa.
- In a liquid measuring cup, pour 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and 2-3 tbsp of sugar. Heat in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds. If it tastes mostly like apple cider vinegar, add 1 tsp of sugar then reheat for 30 seconds. The sugar needs to dissolve into the liquid. It should be a bit sweet, but it’s totally your preference!
- Mix everything well. Taste and adjust to your liking. Add salt and pepper as needed and enjoy!