For the longest time I thought the only way to enjoy a smoothie was by drinking it. Well apparently not anymore. When I logged on to Pinterest the other day my homepage was filled with gorgeous images of the new trend: smoothie bowls.
Of course I had to make my own. The pictures I saw on Pinterest were gratifying to look at and definitely made me crave one immediately. Go ahead and look them up. You can come back to this post. 🙂 You won’t be disappointed.
As y’all know, I love a good smoothie.
- Smoothies are super easy to make. You can make them from whatever fruits, veggies, seeds, milks, yogurts, etc. you have in your kitchen.
- They take maybe 5 minutes from start to finish. Great when you’re in a hurry and need to eat a healthy breakfast!
- They help curb my sweet tooth. I’ve discovered that if I’m craving something sweet I can curb the sweet tooth by making a smoothie.
- They are great to substitute for small meals, especially if you’re trying to cleanse your body.
I’ve recently completed a 3 day juice and smoothie cleanse. But I loved how I felt so much that I’m continuing my cleanse but altering it a bit. I start my day with a light breakfast: banana, oatmeal, or avocado toast. Then about mid-morning I indulge in a smoothie. I’ll eat a light lunch: salad, hummus and veggies, or half a veggie wrap. Then I’ll indulge again in another smoothie. This method is helping me to stop mindlessly snacking during the day.
Ever eat when you’re bored, tired, or stressed? Yea I thought so. Me too. That’s why I’ve switched to smoothies. Gives me all the healthy calories and nutrients without leaving me with this bloated, disgusting, tired, guilty feeling. If you eat gorgeous food it will create gorgeous results. 😉
Now…on to the smoothie recipe. Keep in mind this is the recipe I used. Feel free to get creative and try new things!
- 3/4 cup of frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 individual Non-dairy blueberry yogurt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of your favorite non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 kiwi
- chia seeds