Gnocchi. Gnocchi. Such a fun word to say. Not only is it a fun word to say, but it’s one of our favorite pastas to cook with! It’s easy, quick, and tastes delicious! Gnocchi is a potato-based pasta that is really fun to make on your own, but it takes some time. This recipe makes a a lot for leftovers. We cook every meal to have leftovers for the next day.
As a family, you always want to have several go-to meals you can throw together at the last minute on those busy nights or when you just don’t have the energy to cook an elaborate meal. This recipe was a spur of the moment decision using ingredients we knew we had. It was easy to throw together in a casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes while we put the kids to bed.
I have to give full props to my husband for this recipe. We knew we wanted to do something with pasta and he took the reigns on this one. He did a wonderful job! You know how sometimes people make weird noises when they eat something that tastes sooooo good?? Yea…We couldn’t stop doing that. 🙂
- 2 packages of gnocchi (if you don’t want leftovers, then only use 1 package)
- 1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 can black olives, sliced
- 4 tbsp of basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cups of alfredo sauce
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- *optional – dairy or non-dairy cheese for garnish (I used Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Mozzerella shreds)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Usually gnocchi only takes 2-3 minutes to cook. Hence why we love to cook with it!
- In a medium skillet, saute the onion with a drizzle of olive oil until slightly golden brown and fragrant.
- In a greased casserole dish, combine all ingredients and mix together well. Depending on how creamy you like your pasta, feel free to add as much alfredo and pesto to it as you would like. Afterall, you’re eating it!
- Bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes. We set our timer for 20 minutes then when the timer went off, we turned the oven off and let it sit for about 10 minutes while we continued to put the kids to bed.
- Garnish with your favorite dairy or non-dairy cheese.